The Office of the Vice President for Research, the Office of Government Relations and the Office of Undergraduate Research select students each year to exhibit their work via posters to Utah State legislators. Research on Capitol Hill (ROCH) demonstrates the importance of undergraduate research and creative work from the top two research universities in this state: University of Utah and Utah State University. Special thanks to the Office of the President, Office of Government and Relations, the Office of the Vice President for Research for their ongoing collaborations with OUR!
January 18, 2024
State Capitol Rotunda
To be eligible to Apply for ROCH participation, you must:
- be a currently-matriculated and enrolled University of Utah undergraduate student
- live in Utah
- have graduated from a high school in Utah (preferred)
- be working with a University of Utah faculty mentor on research or creative work
- commit to attend ROCH at the State Capitol in addition to mandatory meetings prior to the day of ROCH
- have not previously participated in ROCH
Complete the online APPLICATION FORM and submit an abstract of 300 words describing the research or creative work. Applications will open up in the fall semester. 25 students will be selected to participate.
Submission Opens: October 1, 2024
Submission Deadline: October 31, 2024
Questions? Contact OUR@utah.edu