Each year, summer undergraduate research program coordinators from across campus offer a Grad School Mini Expo to our student participants. The goal is to help expose students to the idea of grad school, different types of grad school options, tips for applying, and what to do after grad school. This event is for any undergraduate student interested in grad school, no matter where you are in the process (from “I didn’t think grad school was for me” to “I know which programs I want to go into”).
Please join us for the 2022 Preparing my Next Steps: Graduate and Professional School Admissions Virtual Mini Expo
on Thursday, June 23, 1-4:00 PM, on Zoom..
1-1:45 PM: Welcome/Introduction & Applying to Graduate School, Presenter: David Kieda, Dean, Graduate School
1:50-2:35 PM: Breakout Session 1 (select one topic)
- Careers in Sciences, Panelists: David Belnap, Nick Francis, Joyce C. Havstad
- Do I belong here? Yes you do. Exploring our self-talk, Presenter: Natalia Torres
- Getting into Graduate School in Chemistry, Presenter: Michael Gruenwald
- Interviewing Skills, Presenter: H. Joseph Yost
2:40-3:25 PM: Breakout Session 2 (select one topic)
- Careers in Allied Health, Panelists: Julie Lucero & Christopher Depner (Health & Kinesiology), Jeff Rose (Parks, Recreation, & Tourism), Robert Kraemer (Speech-Language Pathology), Sara Saltzgiver (Nutrition & Integrative Physiology)
- Getting into Graduate School in the Humanities & Social Sciences, Panelists: Claudia Geist, Scott Black
- Choosing Between Graduate School and the Career Field, Presenters: Brianda De Leon, Liz Spencer
- Getting into Graduate School in Health Science Programs: Interactive Panel with Admissions Representatives, Panelists: Janet Bassett (MD/PhD program), Jeanette Ducut-Sigala (Bioscience), Maranda Martinez (School of Medicine), Shawn Owen (Pharmacy)
3:30-4:00 PM: Closing Remarks, Presenter: Tiffany Baffour, Associate Dean for Graduate Equity, Diversity & Inclusion, Graduate School