The Undergraduate Research Journal's primary mission is to make more visible the rich and diverse scholarship conducted by University of Utah undergraduates. All undergraduate students at the University of Utah are strongly encouraged to submit their research for publication in the Journal.
Journal submissions are accepted year-round for online publication. New online journals are published each June. All submissions from University of Utah undergraduate students that are approved by a qualified faculty mentor are accepted for publication.
- Submissions to the Undergraduate Research Journal must be carefully edited prior to submission. They will be published as-is or with minor formatting adjustments as necessary. We do not edit submissions.
- Students must submit on their own behalf.
- By submitting, you are consenting to publication in this open access publicly available journa.
- All submissions must use the URJ Template and be saved as a PDF. The PDF is uploaded into the submission form.
- Required Header: centered in 12-point Times New Roman font:
TITLE OF PROJECT IN ALL CAPS
Student's Full Name (Faculty Mentor: Full Name), Additional Authors if applicable
Department of ...
- The remainder of the page(s) may be used to present the student's research or creative works as desired by the student and faculty mentor. The page(s) may include text and/or pictures---submissions may take the form of research abstracts, summaries, paper, artists' statements, and/or pictures of research or creative works. All text must be at least 12-pt Times New Roman font size and single spaced.
- For formatting help, please review previous years' publications.