Congratulations on being selected for participation in the Undergraduate Research Opportunities Program (UROP). To accept this award, you must complete all of the following steps:
SIGN THE PARTICIPANT AGREEMENT
The UROP Participant Agreement can be completed by following the link sent in the UROP award email. It must be completed within 5 days. By completing the UROP Participant Agreement, you agree to abide by the UROP policies outlined in the Agreement.
Review of award requirements and procedures, program expectations, and stipend information.
All UROP Students (new and renewal) MUST attend UROP Orientation.
COMPLETE THE HIRING PROCESS
All UROP students must be hired as part time employees before the UROP stipend can be distributed. The UROP hiring process consist of the three steps listed below:
- ePAF form. This form is completed by a representative from HR prior to your hiring appointment and based on the information you provided on your New Hire Personal Information Form
- Employee Intellectual Property Assignment Agreement (EIPAA). This form is required by all employees. Review and sign the employee form online. You will need to log in to CIS to access and sign this form. For more information about this form, contact PIVOT Center at the University of Utah. This form should be completed before the hiring appointment and must be completed before you can receive the UROP stipend.
Sign the Student Employee Agreement
- I-9 Form. This United States form is used for verifying the identity and employment authorization for employment in the United States. More information on this form can be found online on the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services webpage. Review the List of Acceptable Documents online and identify either ONE valid unexpired document from List A OR ONE valid unexpired document from List B AND ONE valid unexpired document from List C to bring to your hiring appointment. This form cannot be completed without documentation and must be completed in-person at the HR offices.
- HR Forms:
- Telecommuting Form Must be filled out if student is working remote for the semester.
- Human Resources - New Hire Personal Information Form Must be filled out by all new hires.
UROP students will be contacted directly by an HR representative if you need to complete a hiring appointment. Students with current employment at the U may not need a hiring appointment.