Acceptance is highly competitive and applicants must complete the application process by the deadline to be considered.
Application will open on November 1st, 2023
The deadline to submit an application is 11:59 PM (Mountain Time) on Sunday, January 28, 2024. Your application is not considered complete until both letters of recommendation have been submitted (deadline for letters is 11:59 PM (Mountain Time) on Thursday, January 31, 2024).
- Review list of available projects. Think about which projects you would like to officially apply to through the application form.
- Complete the online application form and submit by the application deadline (the form must be completed in one sitting - you cannot save your progress and return to it later) The application form includes the following sections:
- Your contact information
- Optional demographic information
- Academic information
- Personal statement: In approximately 500 words or less (3,500 characters), please describe your reason for applying to SPUR (for example, how your participation in SPUR would contribute to your educational/professional goals), what you hope to gain from this program, the research you are interested in conducting (should be related to project choices), any technical skills you possess, and any previous research experience.
- Project list: indicate up to three available projects to which you are applying
- Resume/CV (Uploaded via the form. Must be .pdf. Please name your file "2023_SPUR_YourLastName_Resume". Example: Megan Shannahan's file name would be "2023_SPUR_Shannahan_Resume")
- Transcript (Uploaded via the form. May be either official or unofficial. Make sure the institution name appears on the transcript. If you have not completed any college work, please upload your high school transcripts. Must be a .pdf. Please name your file "2023_SPUR_YourLastName_Transcript". Example: Megan Shannahan's file name would be "2023_SPUR_Shannahan_Transcript")
- Two letters of recommendation (Uploaded by recommenders by 11:59 PM (Mountain Time) on Wednesday, February 1, 2023 (a link is sent to them via email once you submit your application)). Preferably, letters of recommendation are written by faculty members who can attest to your suitability for research, motivation, and classroom performance. It is the applicant's responsibility to make sure the recommenders receive the link and submit their letters on time.
- Application conditions
- Application certification
- Once the application is submitted, you should receive a confirmation email to the email address provided in the form. If you do not receive the email within a few minutes, and it is not in your junk/spam folder, please email email@example.com to confirm that we have record of the correct email address.
- After the application deadline, all applications will be reviewed by the Selection Committee.
- Accepted and waitlisted applicants will receive notification of the Selection Committee's decision via email in early to mid-March. Final notifications will be sent to remaining applicants at the beginning of April.