We are looking to hire an undergraduate research assistant at the University of Utah. This position is a paid position working 10 hours per week on an NSF grant-funded project. The overall purpose of this three-year project is to ensure expanded access to high quality research ethics training for faculty and students. We are developing a statewide network that will create and offer open access and customizable responsible and ethical conduct of research (RECR) and mentoring training. The research assistants hired for this project will be responsible for the following activities and will work closely with the research team to ensure project success.
• Conduct a scoping review of the literature about factors that are most effective for inclusive and equitable approaches to RECR and mentoring training in the STEM research fields.
• Assist in the creation of RECR and mentoring training modules.
• Assist in developing evaluation strategies for training and training materials.
• Develop mechanisms to recruit undergraduate students from higher education institutions in Utah to participate in the RECR and mentoring training activities.
• Assist in the creation and launching of two symposia, one in the northern Utah and one in the southern Utah, that stimulate information sharing and evaluation of the trainings developed through this project.