What to Expect and How to Prepare
The Office of Undergraduate Research Advisor and Undergraduate Research Leaders are here to help you through almost any research related issue.
- General Information appointments: you will learn about the many programs our Office has to offer and how to get started with those, if you are interested. You will also learn about several ways to find projects and mentors that you are interested in working with on campus. You will leave prepared to take the first steps to getting involved in research.
- To prepare for this appointment, think about what you might be interested in researching here on campus. You do not need to have a comprehensive list, just an idea of where we can start looking for research that will be interesting to you and that will facilitate whatever your personal goals are.
- UROP Proposal Review appointments: you will either discuss your proposal for an upcoming deadline and get the Advisor’s feedback on formatting and details to help you improve your proposal, or you will discuss the reviewer’s feedback from the previous round of reviews.
- To prepare for an appointment to discuss your proposal for an upcoming deadline, please email the Advisor a copy of your proposal at least 24 hours in advance so that she has time to review it before your appointment. This helps her provide higher quality feedback on your proposal.
- You do not need to do anything to prepare for an appointment to discuss the reviewer’s feedback from a previous round of interviews.
- You can also make an appointment to discuss any stage of your project once you are in our programs – project changes, posters and presentations, program requirements, etc.
- In any appointment, you can expect the Advisor to be attentive, respectful, and informative.
The OUR’s FAQs