Any University of Utah undergraduate student may submit their research for publication, and students are encouraged to submit multiple times as appropriate. While the research reported in the submission does not need to have been conducted under the supervision of a faculty member, a faculty mentor must approve the student's submission. Any student wanting to receive the URSD must write and submit their own journal submission as a first or solo author.
- Wider visibility of undergraduate research
- Students who publish with the Undergraduate Research Journal fulfill some of the requirements to be eligible to earn an Undergraduate Research Designation in their transcript.
- Submissions to the Undergraduate Research Journal must be carefully edited prior to submission. They will be published as-is or with minor formatting adjustments as necessary. We do not edit submissions.
- Students must submit on their own behalf.
- By submitting, you are consenting to publication in this open access publicly available journa.
- All submissions must use the URJ Template and be saved as a PDF. The PDF is uploaded into the submission form.
Click here for URJ Template >>> URJ Template
- Required Header: centered in 12-point Times New Roman font:
TITLE OF PROJECT IN ALL CAPS
Student's Full Name (Faculty Mentor: Full Name), Additional Authors if applicable
Department of ...
- The remainder of the page(s) may be used to present the student's research or creative works as desired by the student and faculty mentor. The page(s) may include text and/or pictures---submissions may take the form of research abstracts, summaries, paper, artists' statements, and/or pictures of research or creative works. All text must be at least 12-pt Times New Roman font size and single spaced.
- For formatting help, please review previous years' publications.
- Only the first author uploads the submission. It is the responsibility of the first author to include all authors' names and emails during the submission process. Only first authors will be eligible to receive the Undergraduate Research Scholar Designation.
- All authors must agree on an author order. Authorship conventions differ by field; this should be decided in careful consultation with the faculty mentor.
- Each submission may have only one first author, and all other authors must be ordered.
- The first author is responsible for making sure that the submission is completed successfully and for forwarding the emailed confirmation message to all other authors.
Undergraduate Research Journal (2022)
Undergraduate Research Journal (2021)
Undergraduate Research Journal (2020)
Undergraduate Research Journal (2019)
Undergraduate Research Journal (2018)
Undergraduate Research Journal (2017)
Undergraduate Research Journal (2016)
Undergraduate Research Journal (2015)
View earlier editions of the Undergraduate Research Journal