Are you interested in issues of diversity and inclusion as they relate to campus climate? Do you have a background in qualitative research, or would like some practical experience conducting qualitative research?
The Office for Inclusive Excellence is looking for research interns to fill a seasonal opportunity for the 2017 Spring semester.
Research interns will be responsible for:
• Interpreting & coding qualitative data (focus group transcripts)
• Some transcription
• Data management (Nvivo)
• Literature review(s)
• Completed at least one research methods course focused on qualitative research
• Completed at least one course focused diversity, social inequity, social justice and/or
inclusion in education, or a related topic.
• Strong communication skills & ability to work collaboratively on a team
• Strong organizational skills
• Ability to work independently with minimal direct supervision
• Desire to learn
Interns will receive a $500 stipend for the semester. They will be expected to attend weekly research team meetings and conduct 8 hours of research related tasks per week.
To apply for a research internship:
Email a current CV or resume, as well as a cover letter detailing your relevant academic and work experience to Belinda Otukolo Saltiban at firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for application is January 16, 2017