The Summer Symposium provides an opportunity for students to present their work in a scholarly setting to students, faculty, and other members of the University of Utah community.
Due to limited presentation space, registration to present is by invitation only. Undergraduate researchers from the following summer programs are invited to present at the Summer Symposium: Chemistry REU, HCI PathMakers, Native American Summer Research Internship (NARI), Physics and Astronomy REU and SURP, Summer Program for Undergraduate Research (SPUR), and UROP students meeting certain eligibility requirements.
The Summer Symposium is scheduled 9:00AM-12:00PM. Presenters will be randomly assigned a presentation time between 9:00AM and 12:00PM. They will receive notification of their assigned presentation time by Friday, July 27. Presenters should plan on attending the entire symposium and visiting other posters when not presenting.
All presentations should be aimed at a general audience. The Summer Symposium is an opportunity for students to communicate their research to an audience from a broad range of backgrounds. The Summer Symposium is a POSTER ONLY event.
- Posters should be 48″x36″
- Poster templates provided by the Office of Undergraduate Research available here: View Templates in Powerpoint. Additional poster templates and instructions can be found on the Marriott Library website.
- An overview of poster design and presentation can be found here: Creating Effective Poster Presentations.
- Posters will be attached to foam boards with push pins (provided).
- Presenters must be at their poster and available to discuss it for the entire assigned time.
Please contact the Office of Undergraduate Research at firstname.lastname@example.org or 801-581-8070 with any questions.