The Summer Symposium provides an opportunity for students to present their work in a scholarly setting to students, faculty, and other members of the University of Utah community.
The Summer Symposium is scheduled 9:00AM-12:00PM. Presenters will be randomly assigned a presentation time, either 9-10:25AM or 10:35AM-12:00PM. They will receive notification of their assigned presentation time by Thursday, July 23. Presenters should plan on attending the entire symposium and visiting other posters when not presenting.
All presentations should be aimed at a general audience. The Summer Symposium is an opportunity for students to communicate their research to an audience from a broad range of backgrounds. The Summer Symposium is a POSTER ONLY event.
- Posters should be 48"x36"
- Poster templates provided by the Office of Undergraduate Research available here: View Templates in Powerpoint. Additional poster templates and instructions can be found on the Marriott Library website.
- An overview of poster design and presentation can be found here: Creating Effective Poster Presentations.
- Posters will be attached to foam boards with binder clips (provided).
- Presenters must be at their poster and available to discuss it for the entire assigned time.
Please contact the Office of Undergraduate Research at email@example.com or 801-581-8070 with any questions.
Poster presentations will be evaluated by faculty, graduate student, and postdoctoral scholar raters against undergraduate research learning outcomes identified by the OUR. Raters will use this rubric. Please note: the purpose of these evaluations is to evaluate learning outcomes, not to determine best poster.