Faculty Mentor: Annie Fukushima
Title: Associate Dean
College: Undergraduate Studies
School / Department: Office of Undergraduate Research
The Office of Undergraduate Research (OUR) is looking to hire three (3) part-time student employees to serve in the capacity of Undergraduate Research Leaders (URL). Each URL will have a specialist area. Specialist areas include Publishing & Presenting Research, STEM Research, and Pre-Awards & Social Media. Applicants select the area(s) of interest in their application.
- Provide peer-mentoring research advising.
- Participate in outreach activities such as tabling, campus-wide events, classroom presentations, or other assigned activities.
- Review OUR Travel and Small Grants applications.
- Attend supervision meetings and URL team meetings.
- Be available to support semester symposiums.
- Other duties as assigned based on a specialist area.
Project Duration: 2023-2024 academic year (fall and spring semesters). Approximately 5-10 hours a week.
Opportunity Type: Paid part-time student leader position
Opportunity Location Type: Hybrid
Is this a paid opportunity: Yes
$15 per hour.
- Matriculated U of U undergraduate who is in good academic standing.
- Will be enrolled (part-time or full-time) during Fall 2023 and Spring 2024 semesters, and can commit to working both semesters.
- Participated in UROP or SPUR at least one semester by the time the position starts, and maintained good standing while in the program.
How To Apply:
- The online application can be found here.
- Have your resume ready (as a PDF or Word document) before submitting your online application.
- Deadline to apply: Friday, June 16 at 11:59 PM