The Huntsman Cancer Institute is currently accepting applications for the PathMaker Scholars Program!
The PathMaker Scholars Program seeks to increase the participation of underrepresented students in biomedical cancer research and to encourage them to prepare for careers in research, medicine, and education. The Program sponsors students for a ten-week, residential summer research experience where they will live on campus, learn laboratory training techniques and work on a project as indicated by a Principal Investigator in a university laboratory setting. Accepted students who successfully complete the program will automatically be accepted into the summer 2021 program without reapplying.
Application Deadline – 11:59 pm MST on Sunday, March 8th, 2020
- Accepted students will receive a stipend of $3,000-$4,000 for their participation in the 10-week summer program (amount depending on education level).
- The program pays housing expenses and meal plan expenses.
- Travel support is available to students who live outside of Salt Lake City.
- Accepted students will have the opportunity to apply and attend a national conference to present their summer research. The program pays all conference expenses.
- $1,000 scholarships to the University of Utah will be awarded to outstanding participants
For more information and to access the application, visit the program website.
Any questions regarding the program should be directed to Anna Marsden (Anna.Marsden@hci.utah.edu).