VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITY FOR ALL MAJORS
Job Summary: Connect2Health is a University of Utah student-driven volunteer program that aims to address the social determinants of health in our communities. We are looking to recruit motivated and compassionate individuals and welcome volunteers from all majors and departments. Our goal for Connect2Health volunteers is for them to walk away from this experience with a better understanding of the needs and resources in their community, a greater ability to interact with patients, community organizations and clinical team members, and ultimately gain insights and skills that will aid their future work with under served populations. Looking for volunteers to begin this summer semester (Summer 2020), though volunteer help is needed year round.
What We Offer:
- Direct patient exposure with at-risk populations
- Networking with physicians; job-shadowing opportunities possible
- Leadership opportunities, including clinic site leaders and chair positions
- Community service that is meaningful and impactful
- Reflection sessions that help our volunteers grow and network
- C2H is an AmeriCorps-affiliated program; AmeriCorps members receive a federal education scholarship in return for volunteer commitment
- One 3-4 hour shift weekly + bi-monthly meetings for two consecutive semesters
- 6 hours volunteering weekly + weekly meetings for 3 consecutive semesters + mobilization project
Questions? Contact our Recruitment Chair: Connect2Health.Recruitment@health.utah.edu
ONLINE APPLICATION DEADLINE: APRIL 15th, 2020
WE ACCEPT ALL APPLICATIONS, REGARDLESS OF MAJOR OR STUDENT STATUS
MUST BE 18 YEARS OR OLDER.