New ASUU Travel Guidelines
The ASUU Travel Committee is proud to announce the 2019-2020 Travel Guidelines. These guidelines can currently be found both on the ASUU OrgSync page and the ASUU website. In addition to Redbook and the University Policy, these guidelines provide guidance and support to students and Recognized Student Organizations (RSOs) seeking supplemental travel funding from the ASUU student activity fee.
Applications open August 1, 2019.
Some important changes from previous years include changes to the funding caps for student organization classifications, a required finance training, a waiting period for newly-recognized student organizations, and deadlines for specific windows of dates of travel. Full details and restrictions can be found on the 2019-2020 Travel Guidelines.
ASUU travel funding for students must meet one of the following three criteria:
- An event that is at least a 100-mile radius away from the University of Utah.
- An event that involves an overnight stay.
- An event that involves airfare.
The deadlines for the travel application encompass specific windows of time for the travel. If you or your RSO is considering going on to a conference, competition, workshop, etc, then you must apply ahead of time—even if you are not confirmed to go or accepted to a conference yet. Late applications will not be accepted. Example: if your student organization wishes to attend their annual leadership conference in November of 2019, then the organization must submit their application no later than October 1.
Travel Dates & Deadlines
- Travel for July 1- August 31st
- Application Due: September 1st
- Travel for September 1st- November 30th
- Application Due: October 1st
- Travel for December 1st- January 30th
- Application Due: November 1st
- Travel for February 1- February 29th
- Application Due: January 1st
- Travel for March 1st- March 31st:
- Application Due: February 1st
- Travel for April 1st-April 30th
- Application Due: March 1st
- Travel for May 1st- June 30th
- Application Due: April 1st
If you have any additional questions, please email ASUU at firstname.lastname@example.org.