Welcome! We are glad you are interested in serving as an undergraduate research mentor. The Office of Undergraduate Research is here to support you in this important work.
Please note: We welcome and support mentors at all levels of experience. For the purpose of our funding programs only, mentors must be current University of Utah faculty (with ‘professor’ in the position title), or have completed the Undergraduate Research Mentor Development Program.
- NEW Remote Undergraduate Research Mentoring
- Join our Faculty/Staff Listserv – stay up-to-date with undergraduate research events, programs, and deadlines
- Request a Class Presentation – we will tell your students about undergraduate research opportunities
- Post an Undergraduate Research Opportunity
- Develop your Undergraduate Research Mentoring Skills
- Are you working on a grant? Visit our grant support page.
- Tell us about your undergraduate student collaborators’ publications and presentations.
- Learn about our Programs
- Undergraduate Research Opportunities Program (UROP)
- Travel & Small Grants
- Undergraduate Research Scholar Designation (URSD)
- Undergraduate Research Symposium (URS)
- Undergraduate Research Journal
- Outstanding Undergraduate Researcher Award
- Undergraduate Research Leaders Program
- Summer Program for Undergraduate Research (SPUR)