The International Journal of Undergraduate Research and Creative Activities (IJURCA) is taking submissions!
IJURCA is a peer-reviewed, open-access journal dedicated to the publication of outstanding scholarship by undergraduates and their mentors. The Journal accepts submissions of research articles, fiction, poetry, photography, videos, and other creative works from undergraduate students in all academic disciplines. Each submission must be the original work of at least one undergraduate student with at least one faculty mentor, although the work may be submitted shortly after the student(s) has graduated.
For more information or to submit your work, please visit: https://commons.pacificu.edu/ijurca.
The Office of Undergraduate Research is excited to announce the 2018 Outstanding Undergraduate Research Awardees!:
- Carissa Pollock (Prof. Ryan Smith) | ARCHITECTURE + PLANNING
- Taylor Dove (Prof. Davidson Heath) | BUSINESS
- Valeria Jimenez (Profs. Edmund Fong and Jesus Valero) | CULTURAL & SOCIAL TRANSFORMATION
- Elaine Cooke (Prof. Melodie Weller) | DENTISTRY
- Carlie Haacke (Prof. Lauren Liang) | EDUCATION
- Jayden Plumb (Prof. Ashley Spear) | ENGINEERING
- Cece Otto (Prof. Robert Scott Smith) | FINE ARTS
- Nikol Yonemura (Prof. Micah Drummond) | HEALTH
- Gemma Clark (Prof. Jennifer Weidhaas) | HONORS
- Lydia Morley (Prof. Matt Haber) | HUMANITIES
- Abbie Ireland (Prof. Trudy Oliver) | MEDICINE
- Silvia Padilla (Prof. Michael Simpson) | MINES & EARTH SCIENCES
- Jia “Janny” Liu (Prof. Jacqueline Eaton) | NURSING
- Zachary Barber (Prof. Hamid Ghandehari) | PHARMACY
- Elom Amematsro (Prof. Sophie Caron) | SCIENCE
- Hannah Samowitz (Prof. Monisha Pasupathi) | SOCIAL & BEHAVIORAL SCIENCES
- Lauren Brocious (Prof. Caren Frost) | SOCIAL WORK
These incredible undergraduate research students were nominated by their faculty mentors in conjunction with their colleges and schools for their commitment to developing research skills, their active participation in research-related activities on campus, and their positive contributions to their department, college, and University as a whole. Congratulations to these student researchers!
For more information about the Outstanding Undergraduate Research Award, past winners, and nominating future awardees, please visit our.utah.edu/for-students/outstanding-undergraduate-researcher-award.
Jordan Johnson presenting at the Research Leadership Luncheon.
Jordan Johnson presenting at Research on Capitol Hill.
Jordan Johnson, current UROP Scholar, gave a presentation about his research in Engineering as well as his experience at Research on Capitol Hill at the Research Leadership Luncheon on Wednesday, March 7, 2018. Jordan’s research with Faculty Mentor Frank Sachse focuses on visualization of the cardiac conduction system in microscopy-guided pediatric heart surgery.
For more information about becoming a UROP Scholar, please visit our.utah.edu/urop.
For more information about Research on Capitol Hill (ROCH), please visit our.utah.edu/roch.