Ethan Lake is prolific. Read more about his work here at the U and his recent award of the Hertz Fellowship HERE.
The 2017 SACNAS National Diversity in STEM Conference will be held in Salt Lake City, October 19-21, 2017. SACNAS is now accepting applications for undergraduate travel scholarships and research presentations!
Travel scholarship applications are due by April 14, 5:00 PM PST. Visit the conference travel scholarships webpage for more information, including details and resources on how to best prepare your application, and eligibility information.
Research presentation applications are due by April 28, 5:00 PM PST. Visit the conference research presentation webpage for more information, including details on preparing and submitting your application, selection criteria, and eligibility information.
Both programs require you to be a SACNAS member before submitting your application. Visit the SACNAS membership webpage for information on dues and benefits. Additionally, students may choose to participate in the University of Utah’s local SACNAS chapter.
Have questions about these programs? For questions about travel scholarships, visit the travel scholarships webpage or contact firstname.lastname@example.org. For questions about research presentations, visit the research presentation webpage or contact email@example.com.
The Office of Undergraduate Research is excited to announce the 2017 Outstanding Undergraduate Research Awardees!:
- Sara Ference (Prof. Elpitha Tsoutsounakis); Architecture + Planning
- Heidi Qin (Prof. Dolores Delgado Bernal); Cultural and Social Transformation
- Carol Castaneda (Prof. Mary Burbank); Education
- Benjamin Gilmore (Prof. Taylor Sparks); Engineering
- Ali Mitchell (Prof. Monty Paret); Fine Arts
- Shantae George (Prof. Heather Hayes); Health
- Samantha Duzy (Prof. Michael Gills); Honors
- Eve Olson (Prof. Rachel Hayes-Harb); Humanities
- Caroline Wang (Prof. Catherine Loc-Carillo); Medicine
- Nicholas Thiros (Prof. Diego Fernandez); Mines & Earth Sciences
- Kyle McDougle (Prof. Lauren Clark); Nursing
- Annwin Chen (Prof. Amy Barrios; Pharmacy)
- Kai Sin (Prof. Aikio Kamimura); Social & Behavioral Sciences
- Amanda Bischoff (Prof. Matthew Sigman); Science
- Rose Gomez (Prof. Jason Castillo); Social Work
These incredible undergraduate research students were nominated by their faculty mentors in conjunction with their colleges and schools for their commitment to developing research skills, their active participation in research-related activities on campus, and their positive contributions to their department, college, and University as a whole. Congratulations to these student researchers!
For more information about the Outstanding Undergraduate Research Award, past winners, and nominating future awardees, please visit our.utah.edu/for-students/outstanding-undergraduate-researcher-award.
The Office of Undergraduate Research is pleased to announce that Megan Shannahan has joined our team!
Megan is a cat person, and has a Master’s degree in College Student Affairs Leadership from Grand Valley State University and work experience in undergraduate research administration at Grand Valley State University and at Michigan State University. Most recently, she was an academic program coordinator in the College of Engineering Dean’s Office here at the U.
Among other things, Megan will be working on our new summer program, our mentor development program, and student outreach.
Please stop by our office to welcome Megan to the OUR.